Unpredictability - Good for your health

Our modern life is based on organising an environment free from the unexpected. The house needs to be as stable and reliable as possible. The job as safe as possible. Nothing should break down. Nothing but what we predict, should occur.
This is the life of the zoo animal. Let's explore the life of the Nomad. Let's live the life of the Nomad.

Thursday 16 December 2010

Goodbye Norwich

The project finished yesterday, two days earlier than expected due to the client being unable to meet a security requirement of the software.  So it is on hold and I was able to return back to Hove.   Here's a pic of one of the main streets in Norwich.  I'm sure this will make my sister a bit homesick.  She happens to be in a land down under, where things are hot and full of thunder.


I really need to get a decent camera as I'm having to use my phone camera now after my other one seized with the extreme temperatures.
When I arrived home my flat was surrounded by fire trucks and smoke.  Darn it, thought I, wondering how long it would take to get a new passport.  But it was the pub next door on fire.  Ironic this happened after the smoking ban. 
Talking of which, I experienced some massive cravings while travelling back by train yesterday.  I did come close to buying a packet but thankfully this didn't happen and I'm now seventeen days clean from nicotine.

Next post will be a book review.  I just finished a book about a family that packed everything up and travelled by boat through France. 

No comments:

Post a Comment