Unpredictability - Good for your health

Our modern life is based on organising an environment free from the unexpected. The house needs to be as stable and reliable as possible. The job as safe as possible. Nothing should break down. Nothing but what we predict, should occur.
This is the life of the zoo animal. Let's explore the life of the Nomad. Let's live the life of the Nomad.

Monday 2 February 2015

Coming Up For Air

recluse
rɪˈkluːs
noun: a person who lives a solitary life and tends to avoid other people.
synonyms:hermit, ascetic


For the last six months or so I had been living the life of the recluse.  Apart from work my contact with others had been limited to my children and some family members over the Christmas break.

I had to look within and try and answer some questions.

1) Why had I isolated myself to the caravan on the field?
2) Why did I gravitate to partners with highly sensitive personalities and seemingly a thirst for drama and chaos?
3) Why had I allowed the protection of a mild melancholia to engulf me as it had?
4) Where had I gone to?

It was a Sunday not many weeks past and I had woken and at last it all seemed different.  Enough of this.  I would begin again.
I booked to see a mortgage adviser and he said I was good to buy a house.  I messaged a lady and she said we were good to meet. I practiced a mindfulness meditation and I was calm.

Yes, I would begin again.  I began to surface.  I was coming up for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment