Unpredictability - Good for your health

Our modern life is based on organising an environment free from the unexpected. The house needs to be as stable and reliable as possible. The job as safe as possible. Nothing should break down. Nothing but what we predict, should occur.
This is the life of the zoo animal. Let's explore the life of the Nomad. Let's live the life of the Nomad.

Saturday 5 February 2011

Breaking the chains

Well it sure has been a busy couple of weeks.  I handed in notice on the job on the Monday and by the Wednesday had found a nice little three month contract.  This gave me peace of mind and the money I earn will be of great assistance.  I handed in notice to the Landlord and will be free from this horrible apartment flat on March 23.

This date will be an important one for me.  To be free.  How great to to be free to roam and sleep wherever I choose to switch the engine off.

I have had various reactions to these latest developments.  Some think I am crazy and some think this is great.  All I can say is it makes alot of sense to me.  Some at work found it comical to be changing careers, to become a caravan engineer.  The concept makes them laugh.  And they can laugh all they like.  To be a company man all your life - is this not a compromise?  Some have put it down to a mid-life crisis.  All I can say is that it is what it is.   For three months I will be working in one place.  I will be able to plan my life for three months.  After this I will do the mobile caravan engineer's course.  I will be able to save a great deal of money also.

Well, I still had to work four weeks notice at my present employer.  And this Monday they send me off to the States.  I fly out from Heathrow to Boston.  I pick a car up and drive to a place called Bristol.

I will take some pics to give you an idea.  I just hope I don't get stuck out there as I have heard they are expecting snow storms.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing news! As I always say, if you want something bad enough, no matter what the odds, you can always make it happen! Have a good trip!!

    Jools & "M" @ http://ourlifeinacaravan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jools and "M". Yes this is true - if you want it you will make it happen.

    ReplyDelete