Unpredictability - Good for your health

Our modern life is based on organising an environment free from the unexpected. The house needs to be as stable and reliable as possible. The job as safe as possible. Nothing should break down. Nothing but what we predict, should occur.
This is the life of the zoo animal. Let's explore the life of the Nomad. Let's live the life of the Nomad.

Sunday 18 November 2012

Endings and Beginnings

It would be a pleasant world if all our months were full of joy, success and creativity.  Unfortunately these last few weeks have been dark and depressing indeed.

The romance with the Swiss lady evaporates, or was put into suspension. This was all very depressing. To 'S', if you read this blog - I want to say thank you for the short but sweet time we had together.

And in this month of endings - I was expecting to hear back from some business in Switzerland I had spent several months trying to secure.  It was all going so well, and having had friends already working at the location - I was receiving the best feedback.  And it was all just to be a matter of time and I would be working in Switzerland.  Then the company decided for this role to use internal resources.  Hopes dashed.  I had even found an apartment in a place called Crissier.  It was a small little apartment but looked very nice.  It would have been a challenge for this nomad to be living in the bricks again - so as an escape route I had even located a camping site to pitch the camper.  This was all disappointing on an epic scale.  There still may be some options here though.  And I can feel a magnet pulling me once again to some continental work.

But it is not all doom and gloom.  On this day a former manager of mine, rang the phone and spoke of some very interesting work that is within a cycle commute from the van on the field.  Perfect.  So I am waiting to hear back about this.  If this falls through, then I will be loading that camper up once again, and taking to the open road.

Peace to All





No comments:

Post a Comment